Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Survival Guide: To Condo Hunting!

As most of you guys already know I am on my way to moving to Austin.  Today began the hunt for my perfect condo, and so far I am claiming the hunt as MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! I will share a couple of photos, but I don't want to give everything away as I am fully expecting some house warming!  This is what Dr. Grant would call the "slow tease"


 
The view from the kitchen
So the exciting perks of which I am thoroughly enjoying include the sweet fire place.  I am totally wiggling my eyebrows right now because while this is Texas and I doubt this will ever be used, Santa can now enter my home.  It is obviously something I was concerned with about my current apartment, we don't have any entrances other than the door.  I just don't feel like large men carrying red sacks are as exciting when entering through doors.  I'm not sure if every one agrees with this idea, but whatever it is my alternate reality.





So then did I mention the balcony?  I am positive that this will actually be used, and not just for the entrance of fairy tale creatures.  Now instead of Austin traffic causing panic attacks, I will get to watch from my balcony while drinking a cup of coffee and thinking "haha suckers" as the nine-to-fivers sit in their cars honking their horns.  Oh traffic, I would just like to say this revenge is so sweet


The view from the balcony


Speaking of mystical creatures, Suga Mama (current alias Santa) enjoyed some serious retail therapy on this wonderful day.  While getting my nails painted "romantic" with the mutti she began wearing my sweet new creation. Cute right? I am so digging earflaps right now.  I felt like we needed to take this hat out to explore before I send it oversees to my dear friend <3.  I LOVE that I can keep yall's ears warm!  Today it was as chilly as this Texan can take, which made me so excited to take this little beauty out for a test drive!



This is the picture from the start of my day.  I call this "My apartment hunting face"   Of course it just wasn't complete without my sweet new creation from last night.  And it was below 90, so I was FREEZING! =) How I love Texas.  Also for all of you guys which I know are so insanely interested as to how the bacon & peanut butter cookies turned out they were pretty fantastic. 









Um yeah, to bad my roommate is visiting her family and not allowing me to fatten her up.  As she will be back Saturday I am so making up for her lack of bake goods, and I will not feel accomplished until I have made her gain a good 15 lbs.

2 comments:

  1. OMg. I do not agree that picture is cute of The SUGAMAMA. I am proud of you. I wish all of my clients were as fantastic as you.
    Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom are you kidding me!! That is a sweet picture of you. Thanks for making me so great, I could go on and on about what a fantastic job you did =). I love you very much. Thank you for all the fun I got to have yesterday. Your the best
    <3 Mariah Lynn

    ReplyDelete